Speech Therapy services are provided to individuals who have speech and language problems, including difficulties or delays in language development. Problems with speech and language may be either expressive or receptive. In addition, ST services are also helpful with patient’s who are experiencing dysphagia. The speech therapist works with patients to improve their ability to carry out independently ADLs related to communication or swallowing, i.e. talking on phone, eating or managing oral secretions.
Our staff has following specialized skills and Technical Competencies:
- Knowledge of client assessment procedure.
- Knowledge of client teaching process.
- Knowledge of speech/language treatment modalities.
- Knowledge of infection control practices, aseptic techniques.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate information with clients of all ages and socioeconomic levels.